This is the head of your page.
By: Mayen Etim
KADUNA, North-West, Nigeria – Major Muhammed Tafoki, (rtd), has once again appealed to Chief of Army Staff, (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, to investigate the alleged killing of his nephew, Mohammed Akilu Isah by some soldiers of 1 Division Garrison at Sabon Gayan, Kaduna State.
He made the call in a press release and made available to newsmen in Kaduna on Friday.
Tafoki also appealed to Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-rufai and the General Officer Commanding 1 Division, Nigeria Army, Major General Muhammad, to also assist in the investigation.
He therefore called on the authorities to release the corpse of his slain nephew for proper burial, having gone round hospitals in and around Kaduna as well as nearby forests closed to the road block without locating the corpse.
According to the retired major; “The sad incident occurred on January 6, 2019, when the slain nephew Akilu met his untimely death in the hands of soldiers on a road block along Kaduna- Abuja highway.
“My late nephew was a farmer in Tafoki in Katsina State, and during dry season, he migrates to Abuja for commercial motorcycle business.
“They were on their way to Abuja in the company of four motorcycles, each carrying a passenger. And as they approached Sabon Gaya along the Abuja Expressway, they bumped into a roadblock mounted by soldiers ,who were later identified as personnel of 1 Division Garrison.”
Tafoki further explained that without any word of caution, the soldiers were alleged to have opened fire on the cyclists, and in the process, late Akilu ,who was a passenger on one of the motorcycles was hit and fell down.
“I was informed that my late nephew was abandoned in his pool of blood, while the other cyclist who was carrying him was taken to a filing station.
“Later on the return of the cyclist to the scene of the incident, I was informed, the cyclist enquired from the soldiers of the whereabout of Akilu, whom the soldiers claimed to have deposited at the New Wuse General Hospital.
“Immediately I received the message, I drove down to the roadblock, but the soldiers kept mute even after I identified myself as a retired Major.
“This prompted me to drive down to the 1 Division Garrison in Kaduna to formally lay a complaint where a senior officer told me to come back the next day with an eyewitness, promising that the boys on roadblock on the said day would be recalled back to the office for identification.
“The second day, the soldiers were paraded amidst other colleagues and my witness who was the cyclist carrying the victim was able to identify three of them.
They were later moved away “surprisingly, the senior military officer said my nephew was not killed by any of his men and the corpse is not with them. Even though they accepted earlier on that his body was deposited at the New Wuse General Hospital,” he narrated.